Eating healthy is the best way to lead a blissful life. It would simply mean that one should include foods that can add some crucial calories and at the same time help an individual grow fit and fine. These 5 super foods are good in taste, rich in nutrition and your best pals for daily diet.
Yogurt, a delicious flavoured dairy food, will not only contain bone building, strengthening substances, but will also contain beneficial bacteria called the Probiotics. Best part it that you can eat it in any season.
- Nutrients: The food is rich in animal protein and is also a source of Calcium, Vitamin B-2, B-12, Potassium and Magnesium.
- Health benefits: It can help in decreasing Osteoporosis, reduces risk of high blood pressure, gut health, decreased vaginal infections and more.
- Advice: Customize your yogurt by adding chopped fruits or nuts and then indulge in its rich flavour.
This can include anything from an egg to dal or milk to meat. Protein foods are extremely important for muscle strength and health.
- Nutrition: For instance, an egg contains 6 grams of protein, 1 cup of milk contains 8 grams, and dried lentils used in the making of dal contains 13 grams per 1/4th
- How it plays the sinner: Lack of protein in the regular diet can cause protein deficiency, which will lead to complications like the muscle deterioration followed by dystrophy, arthritis, gallstones etc.
- Advice: An individual according to the DRI will be needing 0.8 grams of protein/Kg of the body weight, and so the intake should depend on the same.
These are definitely regarded as the super foods as they are a great source for several vitamins, minerals as well as antioxidants. They can include Spinach, Kale, Chard or more.
- Nutrition: They are rich sources of Vitamin A, C, E and K along with few B complex vitamins. They are rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Potassium and are with good fibre content.
- Advice: An individual is advised to take at least 3 servings of leafy greens in a week. But, including them on a daily basis can give a kick-start to your health.
Reds and Oranges
Tomatoes and Carrots are considered as the magical foods from the red and orange vegetable group. They ensure proper eye health, healthy joints, decreased blood pressure and increased immune power.
- Nutrition: These bright veggies are a source of numerous anti-oxidants such as flavonoids, lycopene, and zeaxanthin, Potassium and Vitamin A and C.
- Advice: Throw a handful of any of the red and orange veggies into your daily food, in the form of salads or by slight cooking and ensure that you attain every single nutrient needed for a healthy living.
Dates and Nuts
Having a nutty affair can really help an individual to enjoy excellent health. Make sure that you include a few cashews, pistachios, peanuts, almonds and walnuts along with a few dates.
- Nutrition: They are believed to be powerhouses of energy and are packed with proteins, minerals, fibre and unsaturated fats.
- Advice: An individual can consume about 20-25 nuts along with dates every day as a replacement to unhealthy snacking.