Saffron, as we all know is commonly used as seasoning, mostly in sweets. Having religious values, this expensive spice has some amazing benefits for our inner and outer body as well. Not only women but men and even teenagers are so concerned about their skin. But saffron is not limited to that. There are enormous ways we can benefit making saffron part of our diet.
- Anti Depressant. Bright strands of saffron have been used as anti depressant from long.
- Induces Energy in Body.
- Improves immunity
- Relieves Toothache, Bruises, Cramps, Asthma
- Soothes Fever
- Treats Depression
- Stimulates respiration
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps in thinning blood
- Improves digestion and liver
- Boosts Memory and Learning Capabilities
- Cures Impotence and Enhances vitality of men
- Prevents certain types of Cancer
- Brings good sleep. Better drink saffron milk before going to bed.
- Prevents vision loss
- Eases mentrual periods, relieving pain and irregularity of periods.
- Good for supple and acne free skin
- Good Anti-oxidant
- Improves hair growth
- Beats mood swings and keeps you happy
- Musle relaxant. So good for athletes.
Also, When consumed by pregnant women preferably taken in milk, it is believed to bring a supple glow and fairer tone of skin to the baby
How to Use Saffron:
When using saffron strands, it is ideal to soak them in lukewarm water and wait until infusion takes place and it leaves its color. While, saffron powder can also be used which is ideal to be used at the beginning of the cooking itself.
What Do You Get:
Minerals – Copper, Potassium, Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Zinc
Vitamins – Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Niacin, Riboflavin
When you crave for some sweets or smoothies, you can easily include saffron besides drinking it in your milk. Moderation brings a perfect balance in life, so looking at the long list of benefits saffron has, yet be moderate in consuming it. A pinch now n then is good enough.
Saffron is used in not just sweets but sauces, beverages, soups, and many other veg and non-veg food. If you want us to work on the recipes of saffron, do comment. We would love to do the research for you.