This feature contains some easy and exciting ideas of useful crafts using the newspapers, which are the perfect items to be recycled.
Material You Will Need
- Newspapers/ Magazine sheets
- Colours if desired
General preparations: Most of the newspaper craft featured in this article includes the use of loads and loads of newspaper tubes, which are prepared by rolling the newspaper into thin and stiff paper rolls. Here is how to do them.
- Cut the paper sheets into even sized paper strips.
- From one corner of the paper strip start rolling it with the help of a pencil or a chopstick or something similar.
- See that the rolling remains tight and stiff and at the end of the tube add some glue to stick along.
- Make sure your paper tubes are tight and thin.
Lets pull out some extraordinary crafts using these paper rolls.
- Versatile Eco-Baskets:
- Step 1: Use the prepared paper rolls, place the even quantity on the odd to form a cross and start weaving them intricately. Following this will create the bottom of the basket.
- Step 2: Start winding the tube around a straight one and proceed further. Extend the paper tubes by adding more of them.
- Step 3: Continue the alternate placement and winding of the paper rolls and finally fold the ends to ensure a proper finish.
- Step 4: Use enough glue and brush the whole preparation and allow it to dry completely so as to attain a solid finished product. One can also use some acrylic colours for a bright finish.
One can also make tight spirals of the paper rolls and stick then alternatively to form a basket.
- Table organisers:
This is another interesting and extremely useful very simple to do paper craft idea. One can prepare a cute pen stand, a document holder or even a mobile stand using the waste paper.
Here is the stepwise procedure that can help you do this.
- Step 1: Prepare the paper rolls as instructed.
- Step 2: Place the paper rolls one after the other and use a thread to make connecting knots.
- Step 3: Brush the craft with glue and allow it to dry to ensure stiffness.
One can also use the same procedure of weaving the paper rolls or spiral technique and make these organisers.
- Décor Ideas:
Using the waste paper to produce some wonderful home décor seems really interesting. A pretty watch, lovely vase, beautiful frames or an elegant wall hanging can be created simply using the paper rolls or by following the spiral techniques.
After all these crafts reveal the creative side buried deep within you. Just get a clue through this feature and make your best out of the waste.